It is the purpose and mission of Lamar Elementary School to provide all of its students with the educational program which will allow them to develop to their full potential intellectually, physically, and socially in order to be responsible citizens and contributing members of society.
Lamar was built in 1955 and was originally called Mirabeau B. Lamar Elementary School. Through the years many additions and reconstructions were done to make Lamar the school it is today.
In 1993, Scoggins Construction added on classrooms in front of the old entrance. The bookroom, teacher lounge and media center were part of this construction.
In 1998, Peacock construction made the front entrance look like it is today. They enclosed the walkways and renovated the cafeteria and stage.